|Frances Wilson is a London-based pianist, piano teacher, music reviewer and blogger on music and pianism as ‘The Cross-Eyed Pianist’. A keen concert-goer, Frances is a regular reviewer for international concert and opera listings site Bachtrack.com. She also writes a monthly column on various aspects of piano playing for ‘Pianist’ magazine’s online content and has contributed guest articles to a number of classical music websites around the world. A passionate advocate of amateur pianism, Frances is co-founder of the London Piano Meetup Group which hosts informal performance platforms, workshops and social events for adult amateur pianists in and around London.|
Frances holds Licentiate and Associate Diplomas (both with Distinction) in Performance. From 2008 to 2014 she studied privately with Penelope Roskell, Professor of Piano & Piano Pedagogy at Trinity-Laban Conservatoire of Music & Dance, one of London’s foremost specialist music colleges. She now studies with acclaimed pianist, teacher and writer Graham Fitch, and has participated in masterclasses and workshops with Murray McLachlan, Carlo Grante, Norma Fisher, Alan Fraser, Charlotte Tomlinson and Christine Croshaw.
- July 13th, 2016 A Selected Reading List for Pianists
- June 29th, 2016 Pleasure and Pain: on being an amateur pianist
- June 22nd, 2016 Celebrating Young Talent – the BBC Young Musician competition
- April 13th, 2016 Redefining the piano summer school
- April 2nd, 2016 Concert Going in the Age of High-Quality Recordings
- March 23rd, 2016 Masterclasses Without Tears
- March 15th, 2016 Schubert’s Impromptus
- March 8th, 2016 No talking in the stalls please!
- February 21st, 2016 What’s the point of reviewing concerts?
- February 17th, 2016 The Musician as Sportsperson
- February 9th, 2016 Should I Be Standing Now?
- January 26th, 2016 The Creativity Iceberg
- January 24th, 2016 Seeing and Hearing
- January 13th, 2016 Classical Musicians and Social Media
- December 5th, 2015 Transcending Tunes of Light and Shade - Handel: Messiah
- November 13th, 2015 Page Turning; it’s harder than you think…
- October 10th, 2015 What are Concerts for?
- September 25th, 2015 Why go on a piano course?
- August 10th, 2015 A journey through the piano music of Fryderyk Chopin
- July 1st, 2015 Of Proms and Promming